- Programmes in atmospheric research.
- Ozone and ozone related species observation by long-term monitoring and dedicated campaigns.
- Ground-based, airborne and balloon campaigns for satellite validation
- UV-B radiation monitoring.
- Climatology and forecast of the ionosphere by ionospehric soundings.
- Analysis and interpretation of atmospheric data.
- Microorganism behaviour in atmospheric re-entry proccesses
- Development of new instrumentation
- Characterization and calibration of spectroradiometers and broad-bands.
- Database handling and distribution to World Data Centers
- Surface ozone, NO and NO2 monitoring.
- Measurements of meteorological parameters temperature, relative humidity, pressure, wind speed and wind direction, with sensors located at 10 m and in different levels (25, 50 and 100) in a tower of 100 m.
- Meteorological and ozone soundings in experimental campaigns.