Thank you for coming
The Workshop was successfully held in Madrid. See you next year.
Presentations are available in Technical Program.
See Workshop photos below:
Geant4 Space Users' Workshop –G4SUWS– is focused on new results on space radiation interaction with components, sensors and shielding analysis, as well as on Geant4-based tools and developments applicable to any Space mission.
G4SUWS will be held on Madrid, Spain, during 20, 21 and 22 of May 2009. An associated special G4 session will be held at INTA Headquarters on May 19th.
The Geant4 particle transport toolkit is jointly developed by a world-wide Collaboration and is intended for a wide range of applications in HEP, medical field, and space physics and engineering. In recent years, space and astrophysics has become a significant user category, with applications ranging from instrument and detector response verification to space radiation shielding optimization, component effects, support of scientific studies, and analysis of biological effects. The various domains include:
- Space electronics and Space Science detector systems.
- Simulations of astronaut radiation hazards.
- Planetary exploration applications.
- Interfaces and tools to space environment analysis tools such as SPENVIS.
- Cosmic ray magnetospheric propagation analysis.
- Large-scale simulations requiring event biasing and GRID capabilities.
- General shielding optimization applications.
The workshop is organized and sponsored by the National Institute for Aerospace Technology (INTA), and supported by the National Institute for Aerospace Technology (INTA), the European Space Agency (ESA), NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (NASA/GSFC), NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (NASA/JPL), NASA Marshall Space Flight Center (NASA/MSFC), Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) and the Centre Nationale D'Étudies Spatiales (CNES).